Dr. Stephanie Grubenmann
Co-founder and CEO of the start-up New Babylon Creations. Former research associate and lecturer at the Design Department at Zurich University of the Arts (subject area Cast / Audiovisual Media) and the University of St.Gallen.
- Co-organisation and co-chair of „Literature Error: Restart or Cancel?“ at the University of St. Gallen (8. – 10.11.2018).
- Co-organisation and co-chair of „Expanding Immersive Design. Playful Interactions between Humans & Technology“ at the Zurich University of the Arts (25. – 27.10.2018).
- #ZwingliVR: Dein Termin mit Huldrych. The interactive VR experience is part of the anniversary „500 Jahre Zürcher Reformation“ and tells about consequences of the Zurich Reformation for the Swiss society.
- We are proud to announce our 13. BUX tour, starring James Joyce! The first BUX city tour in English.
- Cooperation between the MCM-HSG Institute and the MAZ Schweizer Journalistenschule: Leadership extra: Innovativ im Newsroom – Journalisten entwickeln neue Angebote.
- In Fall 2017 we published the new route „Eine Anleitung zur Reformation“ in our BUX App. It’s our contribution to Zurich’s Zwingli Jubiläum.
- Co-founder of the start-up New Babylon Creations (together with Vincent Kaufmann and Clarissa Höhener), publisher of the BUX app (multimedia tour guide to the city of Zurich).
- Assistant Professor at the IPMZ – Institute of Mass Communication and Media Research, University of Zurich, Switzerland (Division: Media Economics & Management).
- Research assistant at the Media and Communications Institute at the University of St.Gallen. Research focus on changes in journalism and the related need for innovative ability. Research collaborations, among others, with the „Neue Zürcher Zeitung“ and the „St.Galler Tagblatt„.
- Action Research: How should we construct our research designs in journalism studies to foster problem-focused and solution-oriented outcomes? How can we give our research a holistic and long-term perspective in order to support practitioners dealing with far-reaching change in the industry?
- Research into technostress (stress related to the increased integration of information and communication technologies into our work) in collaboration with Viega. Further education format offered to employees in collaboration with the „Schweizerischer Bankenpersonalverband„.
- Community manager at Newscron/Niuws. Curator of the box „Leben in Zürich“.
- Teaching at the University of St.Gallen: „Einführung in den Wirtschaftsjournalismus“ (co-teaching with Prof. Dr. Monika Bütler), „Medien und Kommunikation“ (co-teaching with Prof. Dr. Vincent Kaufmann).
- Teaching at the University of the Arts Zurich: „Schreibwerkstatt“ and „Einführung in den Journalismus“.
- Teaching at the ZHAW Zurich University of Applied Sciences: Kommunikations- & Medienwissenschaft (part „Innovation in Journalism“).
- Part of Tamedia’s editorial quality management program (Qualitätsmonitoring) as an external scientist (local journalism) since 2017.
- Co-head of the SGKM Fachgruppe Journalismusforschung.
- Reviewer for the academic Convergence Journal.