Dr. Stephanie Grubenmann
Design Research – Storyliving – Cultural Experience Design – Immersive Storytelling – Let’s further connect science & praxis!
Research Associate and lecturer at the Zurich University of the Arts (subject area Cast / Audiovisual Media). Lecturer and Senior Research Associate at the Institute for Media and Communications Management (chair Media and Culture) of the University of St.Gallen. CEO and co-funder of the start-up New Babylon Creations and co-creator of the innovative literature based city guide BUX app.
- Reformation Reloaded: VR experience of the Reformation in Zurich and beyond. The experience will be launched in September 2018 in Zurich.
- Cooperation between the MCM-HSG Institute and the MAZ Schweizer Journalistenschule: Leadership extra: Innovativ im Newsroom – Journalisten entwickeln neue Angebote (18./19.10.2018)
Some of my work
- In Fall 2017 we published the new route „Eine Anleitung zur Reformation“ in our BUX App. It’s our contribution to Zurich’s Zwingli Jubiläum.
- Foundation of the start-up New Babylon Creations (together with Vincent Kaufmann and Clarissa Höhener), launch of our BUX app (multimedia tour guide to explore literature in Zurich).
- Teaching at the University of St.Gallen: „Einführung in den Wirtschaftsjournalismus“ (autumn semester; co-teaching with Prof. Dr. Monika Bütler), „Medien und Kommunikation“ (autumn semester; co-teaching with Prof. Dr. Vincent Kaufmann), „Integrationsseminar Buch & Medien“ (spring semester)
- Teaching at the University of the Arts Zurich: Schreibwerkstatt for Cast students, 3. term
- Teaching at the ZHAW Zurich University of Applied Sciences: Kommunikations- & Medienwissenschaft (3 Inputs on Innovation in Journalism)
Some of my past work
- Assistant Professor at the IPMZ – Institute of Mass Communication and Media Research, University of Zurich, Switzerland (Division: Media Economics & Management).
- Research assistant at the Media and Communications Institute at the University of St.Gallen. Research focus on changes in journalism and the related need for innovative ability. Research collaborations, among others, with the „Neue Zürcher Zeitung“ and the „St.Galler Tagblatt„.
- Action Research: How should we construct our research designs in journalism studies to foster problem-focused and solution-oriented outcomes? How can we give our research a holistic and long-term perspective in order to support practitioners dealing with far-reaching change in the industry?
- Research into technostress (stress related to the increased integration of information and communication technologies into our work) in collaboration with Viega. Further education format offered to employees in collaboration with the „Schweizerischer Bankenpersonalverband„.
- Community manager at Newscron/Niuws. Curator of the box „Leben in Zürich“.