Dr. Stephanie Grubenmann
Lecturer and Senior Research Associate at the Institute for Media and Communications Management (chair Media and Culture) of the University of St.Gallen and Research Associate at the Zurich University of the Arts (subject area CAST). CEO and co-funder of the start-up New Babylon Creations and co-provider of the innovative literature based city guide BUX app. Innovations in and from the newsroom. Immersive storytelling. Cultural Experience Design. Let’s further connect science & praxis!
- Lecturer in the advanced training program CAS Leadership in Media Transformation at HWZ.
- Foundation of the start-up New Babylon Creations (together with Vincent Kaufmann and Clarissa Höhener), launch of our BUX app (multimedia tour guide to explore literature in Zurich).
- Courses at the University of St.Gallen (autumn 17): „Einführung in den Wirtschaftsjournalismus“ (co-teaching with Prof. Dr. Monika Bütler) and „Medien und Kommunikation“ (co-teaching with Prof. Dr. Vincent Kaufmann)
- Senior Lecturer and Research Associate at the IPMZ – Institute of Mass Communication and Media Research, University of Zurich, Switzerland (Division: Media Economics & Management).
- Research assistant at the Media and Communications Institute at the University of St.Gallen. Research focus on changes in journalism and the related need for innovative ability. Research collaborations, among others, with the „Neue Zürcher Zeitung“ and the „St.Galler Tagblatt„.
- Action Research: How should we construct our research designs in journalism studies to foster problem-focused and solution-oriented outcomes? How can we give our research a holistic and long-term perspective in order to support practitioners dealing with far-reaching change in the industry?
- Research into technostress (stress related to the increased integration of information and communication technologies into our work) in collaboration with Viega. Further education format offered to employees in collaboration with the „Schweizerischer Bankenpersonalverband„.
- Community manager at Newscron/Niuws. Curator of the box „Leben in Zürich“.